- Dates: April 23, 2020 - May 10, 2020
- Game: Dota 2
- Organizer: Gamers Hub Middle East
- Type: Online Tournament
- Total Prize pool: $2,700
The official language of this section is English.
Gamers Hub Middle East Game Admins has the right to decide outside or even against the rulebook in special cases to guarantee fairplay.
All registering teams must complete the registration form.
Gamers Hub Middle East reserves the right to refuse any team registration if their registration is incomplete.
Player(s) must be 13+ to participate in this Dota 2 tournament. This tournament is set for the MENA Region, for teams who have players in other countries, a minimum requirement must be followed:
- 3 team members must be from the main country and 2 outside.
- Participating countries for GHL – MENA Championship online tournament:
1.2 Technical Issues
- Players are responsible for their own hardware, software and internet connection. There will be no rescheduling of matches or pausing because of technical issues.
- If any technical issues are to occur during a match, teams are given 2 pause option to fix connection issue.
- If a team cannot play due to technical issues during a match, said team will forfeit the match.
2. Lobby Settings:
General Lobby Settings:
- Game Mode: Captains Mode
- Lobby Password: Mandatory*
- Server Location: Default server based on country.
- Lobby Visibility: Public
- Enable Cheats: OFF
Advanced Lobby Settings:
- Selection Priority: Automatic (coin toss)
- Penalty-Radiant: No Penalty
- Penalty-Dire: No Penalty
- League: None
- Spectators: Disabled
- Dota TV Delay: 5 Minutes
- Pausing: Unlimited
- Series Type: No Series
3. Match Rules:
Games will start when both teams are present and ready. Each Team has a 15 minutes grace period to enter the lobby (Match schedule + 15 minutes). Players who enter the lobby after 15 minutes will result in a loss for the team.
Any hardware or connection issues must be resolved before the start of the match.
3.3 Lobby Host
A Gamers Hub game admin will add both team captains or team representatives to the lobby. Lobby information will be given prior to the scheduled match timing.
3.4 Player changes / StandinGs
Teams are not allowed to change their players once the match has started. The use of standings are allowed, teams must first inform the game admin before the start of the match.
A total of 5 main players and 2 substitutes are allowed for this tournament
4.2 Pause Rule
A pause shouldn’t be more than 5 minutes. In cases where a longer pause is needed, both opposing team and game admin must agree to it. Abuse of pause will lead to a disqualification.
If the admin says the game should be remake, the game will be remade. All players must choose the same heroes again when a remake occurs.
5. Abuse and Exploitation:
Exploiting known or newly discovered bugs during the game will result in a disqualification of the exploiting team.
6. Other Information:
Spectators are not allowed inside the lobby/game.
6.2 Personal Streaming
Players / Teams are allowed to stream their games provided there is a 3 minute delay.
6.3 GAME UPDATE
Game updates may occur during the tournament. In such cases, matches will be on hold until updates finishes.
The official language of this section is English.
Gamers Hub Middle Game Admins has the right to decide outside or even against the rulebook in special cases to guarantee fairplay.
2. Code of Conduct
Every participant has to behave with respect towards any and every GHME staff, partners, viewers and other players. Participants are requested to represent esports, and the tournament honorably. This applies to in-game behavior, chats, comments and other form of media communication. Players must also conduct themselves according to the following values:
- Compassion: treat others as you would be treated.
- Integrity: be honest, be committed, play fair.
- Respect: show respect all other humans, including teammates, competitors, and event staff.
- Courage: be courageous in competition and in standing up for what is right.
Participants must NOT engage in harassment or hate speech in any form. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hate speech, offensive behavior, or verbal abuse related to sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion.
- Stalking or intimidation (physically or online).
- Spamming, raiding, hijacking, or inciting disruption of streams or social media.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, unwelcome sexualized comments, jokes, and sexual advances.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Violation of this Code of Conduct will result in players and even teams to receive warnings. In the case of repeat or extreme violations, penalties may include disqualification, or banning from future Gamers Hub Middle East events.
2.1 Insults and offensive behaviour
All insults that happen during a Gamers Hub Middle East matches, may be punished. This includes in-game chat of the corresponding game, any and all of GHME’s social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and offline events. Multiple warnings and online user ban may be given out depending on the incident and frequency of the insult.
Penalties are no longer limited to warnings and barrages, but may also contain the following depending on the incident, location and frequency of the insult:
Severe incidents including, but not limited to the following points, may be punished in other ways:
- Extremist statements
- Threat of violence
- Sexual harassment
- Severe insults
- Pornographic linkings
The excessive posting of futile, annoying or offensive contributions within Gamers Hub Middle East online and offline platform is considered as spamming. Spamming on the website, discord and other GHME known means of communication (social media comment sections, match comments, player comments, support pages, etc) will be penalized / given warnings, muted and banned.
3. Matches, competitions, meetings
Games will be facilitated by a GHME staff / game admin. Matches that are not played with a GHME admin will be considered fake matches and will result in disqualification.
Players are not allowed to bet on matches in this tournament, especially betting against themselves. This will result in the player and the team being banned from the tournament.
In case of any dispute regarding any issue, the final decision will be made by the admin. Game Admin has the power to refute any rule depending on the situation at hand.
Any and all forms of cheating are strictly forbidden. Any attempt to do so is direct disqualification with player / team ban.
3.1 Game / client
Any programs which are not part of the original game, including custom-data and modifications, are not allowed in any tournament. All external voice programs such as Teamspeak, Discord etc, are allowed. Programs that provide an advantage during game play are not permitted. Over all, any programs that change the way the game and the playing field are forbidden.
3.2 In-game behavior
All participants are obligated to remain sportsmanlike. GHME Admins has the rights to disqualify a team that has been seen to be unsportsmanlike.
3.2.2 Insults & harassments
All participants are obligated to remain sportsmanlike. Any form of harassment will not be tolerated.
3.3 Player/Team streaming
Participants are allowed to stream provided that the stream has a 3 minute delay added to the settings.
4. Other Information
4.1 Team Names
A team name must be unique. Any use of profanity and unnecessary slander, Gamers Hub Middle East reserves the right to refuse the team’s registration.
A team can change their team name only twice throughout the duration of this tournament. Any more than two, tournament admin will decide.